This time of year is celebrated as the “Season of Giving.”
People everywhere are making their lists and searching the Internet to find the perfect gift for those special people in their lives.
Well, that’s what I do anyway.
The truth is that no one but God will ever be able to give another person the best gift ever.
The Perfect Gift.
The gift of His Son, Jesus Christ.
And it’s up to every person on the face of this planet whether or not they will receive and enjoy Jesus. Best. Gift. Ever!
In this post, I want to zoom in on each word to highlight the eternal preciousness of this power-packed statement of truth.
JESUS – Father God’s answer to reunite mankind to Himself. When Adam and Eve chose independence from God in the garden of Eden, it was a tragic divorce. A spiritual separation from the life of God. A spiritual death. But God had a contingency plan. He loved the world so much, He sent His one and only Son, Jesus, into this world to pay the penalty for our separation from Him. And now, everyone who believes in (into) Jesus—whose spirit is united with His Spirit—is reunited to Father God through His life. Everyone who believes into Jesus has eternal life. Jesus is Eternal Life. (Gen. 3; John 3:16; Eph. 2:1-10; 1 Cor. 6:17; 1 John 5:11-13).
BEST – Let’s not pass over this super adjective so quickly that we fail to savor its meaning: perfect, most excellent, finest, matchless, second to none, beyond compare, unsurpassed, supreme, unequaled, greatest, unparalleled, highest, ultimate. All of these descriptive words magnify the truth that there is no gift greater than the gift of Jesus’ life—Eternal Life Himself—dwelling within the human heart 24/7/365.
GIFT – We Christians often have a knack for forgetting the meaning of the word gift through erroneously thinking we can somehow try to pay God back for the life of His Son within us. Dictionary.com defines gift: “Something given voluntarily without the expectation of payment in return; something bestowed or acquired without any particular effort by the recipient or without its being earned.” God, in His omniscience, knew that mankind could never be good or righteous enough to merit being joined to Himself. The life of His Son is the Perfect Gift—the most pure and exorbitant Gift—given to everyone who believes into Him.
Let’s look at some Scriptures which speak of this indescribable gift.
- “Jesus answered and said to her, ‘If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, “Give Me a drink,” you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water'” (John 4:10 NASB).
- “Peter said to them, ‘Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'” (Acts 2:38 NASB).
- “Peter said to him, ‘May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!'” (Acts 8:20 NASB).
- “Therefore if God gave to them same gift as He gave to us also after believing in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I that I could stand in God’s way?” (Acts 11:17 NASB).
- “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Rom. 6:23 NASB).
- “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” (2 Cor. 9:15 NASB).
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God” (Eph. 2:8 NASB).
If you are a Christian (Christ lives in you), I pray you are convinced that His life within you is a Gift—something that you could never earn or pay for—the life-giving Gift that keeps on giving—the Gift that is unreturnable.
You are sealed in Him and He is sealed in you forever! (2 Cor. 1:22; Eph. 1:13; 4:30).
EVER! – In order to highlight this adverb, let’s use the synonyms for ever in our focal sentence:
- Jesus – the best gift at all times.
- Jesus – the best gift always.
- Jesus – the best gift at any time.
- Jesus – the best gift on every occasion.
- Jesus – the best gift without exception.
- Jesus – the best gift every time.
- Jesus – the best gift forever!
Dear reader, I hope you have enjoyed today’s post highlighting the best gift ever—the eternal life of Christ dwelling within the human heart.
If you have never personally received this Gift and would like to, there’s no time like the present! (Pun intended.)
You can pray this simple prayer:
God, I realize that I’m a walking dead person, separated from the eternal life of Your Son, Jesus Christ. This won’t do! I see You offering me the Gift of His Life right now, and I reach out and receive Him into my heart forever. Thank You, Father God, for this indescribable Gift! In Christ’s Name I pray, Amen!
If you received the gift of Christ’s eternal life through praying this prayer, I would love to celebrate with you!
Please let me know by commenting below or e-mailing me.
Now, I can’t help but wonder:
Do you have loved ones who have never received the best Gift ever?
Do you have Facebook friends and family who are walking dead people?
If you answered yes to either or both questions, what’s keeping you from sharing the best Gift ever with them during the greatest, gift-giving season of the year?
If you enjoyed this post, then I believe you would savor my debut Bible study, His Banner Over Me Is Pursuing Love.
This is an intimate, interactive study of the first two chapters of the Song of Songs, dynamically designed to help believers in Christ—both men and women—enjoy wondrous delight in intimacy with Him.
If you want to learn more, check out my book page.
Until next time,
Live Christ—Live Happy!
P.S. If you want to know more about me and the types of content I post, go here.
Subscribe to my blog and receive a FREE PDF Download of “Who I Am in Christ IS Who I Am!”
Check out my post archives for a full listing of all of my grace-saturated posts.
Kim K. Francis
P.O. Box 357
Perryton, TX 79070