I’ve always sided with the weather man’s definition of my favorite season.
It’s fall, y’all!
I get unexplainably giddy every year at this time. (Smile.)
Wondering if giddy was the right adjective to describe how this season makes me feel, I looked up the definition at Dictionary.com.
And guess what I found out?
The word comes from the phrase “possessed by a divine being.”
I am possessed by a divine being—the Spirit of Christ Jesus.
I love it that God is continually reminding me that I belong to Him and He belongs to me.
That I am His and He is mine (Song 6:3).
Okay, now I’m getting even giddier.
Allow me to tell you why fall is my “savorite” season:
- Gorgeous colors of the leaves on most trees
- Pumpkin spice flavored goodies begin to appear and quickly disappear from grocery store shelves (You better grab your can of Libby’s Pumpkin Pie Mix while you can!).
- Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, sweet potato casserole, pumpkin cake, carrot cake (Did I tell you I have a sweet tooth?)
- Breathing in the scent of my “Leaves” Bath & Body candle
- Breathing in the fragrance of my “Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin” Bath & Body hand soap
- Decorating my house with fall colors
- Morning coffee is more enjoyable in cooler temps
- Going for walks any time of day in the brisk cooler temps
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup season (Whole30, move over!)
- Soup season
- Makes me want to revert to my childhood and watch Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day
- Makes me want to watch Dan In Real Life and every autumn-themed Hallmark movie ever made
- September is my birthday month. I’ll turn 54 on the 29th. I’m so thankful to be forever alive in Christ on planet earth at this time in history!
Dear reader, I would love to know what your favorite season is and why.
If you enjoy my blog posts, then I believe you would savor my debut Bible study, His Banner Over Me Is Pursuing Love.
This is an intimate, interactive study on the first two chapters of the Song of Songs, dynamically designed to help believers in Christ—both men and women—enjoy wondrous delight in intimacy with Him.
If you want to learn more, check out my book page.
Until next time,
Live Christ—Live Happy!
P.S. If you want to know more about me and the types of content I post, go here.
Subscribe to my blog and receive a FREE PDF Download of “Who I Am in Christ IS Who I Am!”
Kim K. Francis
P.O. Box 357
Perryton, TX 79070