It might even be the most fun-loving song in all of Christendom. (It would get my vote!)
And if this ditty doesn’t get you dancing, there’s a good chance that you are wearing concrete shoes.
Let’s listen to the band’s lead singer, Bart Millard, share the cute story (involving his wife) behind the making of one of the most kid-requested tunes on this album:
Why don’t you get up, put on your dancin’ shoes, raise your hands (if He done changed ya), and get down to this deliriously playful song?
Go ahead! Who cares if someone sees you.
And who knows? They just might join you and get happy, too!
If you are one of the few who aren’t dancing yet, maybe this hilarious video will get you moving.
We don’t have to wait until our circumstances get better to celebrate Christ’s finished work on the Cross.
We can celebrate right this very minute because the best news ever is that the good Lord done saved us and changed us on the inside!
And right now, we have the fullness of His joy downloaded in our new hearts (because He lives there 24/7/365), ready to be uploaded through our believing lives on planet earth (John 15:11; 16:20; 17:13; Acts 2:28; 13:52; Rom. 5:11; 14:17; 15:13; Gal. 5:22; 1 Thess. 1:6; 1 Pet. 1:8-9).
So, what do you say?
Are you really going to let your not-so-happy circumstances and the bad news in this world prevent you from doing the Happy Dance?
Or are you going to celebrate Christ’s finished work and act like He’s telling the truth about who you already are in Him?
Life’s way too short for us Christians to walk around looking like we just sucked the juice out of a case of lemons!
It’s time we notify our faces of what is already true about our flawless fusion with Christ’s Spirit!
Don’t you think that if we actually believed what God said in His Word was already (there’s that wonderful word again!) true about us Christians, nonbelievers would be knocking down our doors to find out where they could get some of what we’ve got?
And isn’t that what witnessing is really all about?
The only better advertisement of the gospel than a satisfied Christian is a satisfied Christian doing the Happy Dance!
What in your life is keeping you from doing the Happy Dance with Jesus, and how can I pray for you?
I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing the messages in the songs on MercyMe’s feel-good-because-God-has-already-been-so-good-to-us compilation:
- “Why I Think MercyMe’s Newest Album, Lifer, Is Their Best Ever” – Intro
- “Are You a Lifer in Christ?” – a review of track 1, “Lifer“
- “Come out, Come out, Wherever You Are!” – a review of track 2, “You Found Me“
- “Has Grace Got You?” – a review of track 3, “Grace Got You“
- “Have You Heard the Best News Ever?” – a review of track 4, “Best News Ever“
- “Because Life Ain’t Always Pretty” – a review of track 5, “Even If“
- “Bye-Bye Lies!” – a review of track 6, “Hello Beautiful“
- “Don’t Throw in the Towel” – a review of track 7, “We Win“
- “Why Every Christian Should Be Doing the Happy Dance” – a review of track 8, “Happy Dance“
- “Christian, Heaven Is Here & Now!” – a review of track 9, “Heaven’s Here“
- “This Ghost Is Way Friendlier Than Casper!” – a review of track 10, “Ghost“
Until next time,
Live Christ—Live Happy!
P.S. If you love the pure gospel of grace in Jesus Christ, then you will savor my debut Bible study, His Banner Over Me Is Pursuing Love.
This is an intimate, interactive study on the first two chapters of the Song of Songs, dynamically designed to help believers in Christ, both men and women, enjoy wondrous delight in intimacy with Him through understanding their one-and-only, flawless identity in Him.
Learn more by checking out my book page.
Subscribe to my blog and receive a FREE PDF Download of “Who I Am in Christ IS Who I Am!”
Kim K. Francis
P.O. Box 357
Perryton, TX 79070