I had my earbuds in, walking around my neighborhood and savoring the emergence of new life in its vibrant shades of green.
The song right before it was “Even If,” Lifer‘s debut, award-winning single.
(I wrote about the message in this it-is-well-with-my-soul-regardless-of-my-circumstances ballad in my post, “Because Life Ain’t Always Pretty.”)
As the intro started on “Hello Beautiful,” I couldn’t help but speed up my pace.
Its unique, finger-snappin’ folksy tune inspired me to race-walk.
(I wanted to run but was afraid my fifty-plus knees wouldn’t comply.)
Out of all ten tracks on Lifer, “Hello Beautiful” just happens to be Bart Millard’s—the group’s lead singer and song writer—absolute favorite song.
Let’s watch him tell the two-minute story behind the writing of it:
Now, let’s enjoy the full track:
The song’s message in a nutshell?
If you want to say hello to the beautiful truths of your new life in Christ, you need to first say bye-bye to the ugly lies that are keeping you from enjoying the freedom He died to give you.
Debilitating lies like:
- No one will ever really love me for me.
- My past is unforgivable.
- I am alone.
- I will never be good enough.
- I am no different than I was before I accepted Christ.
- Because of what they did to me, my life is forever ruined—with no hope for change.
(For insight into where these lies originate, checkout my post, “Catch the Foxes.”)
I love the prison cell imagery in “Hello Beautiful.”
It depicts a Christian who has fallen prey to some or all of the above life-draining lies carved into the walls of his or her unrenewed mind (Rom. 12:1-2).
God begins to call us out of that prison cell with absolute truth.
- “I’ve never quit loving you and never will. Expect love, love, and more love!” (Jer. 31:3 MSG).
- “I made you alive with Christ, and I forgave all your sins” (Col. 2:13).
- “I will never leave you; I will never abandon you” ( Heb. 13:5).
- “I have made you complete in Christ” ( Col. 2:10).
“You are a brand-new creation because you are in My Son; the old you is gone forever!” (2 Cor. 5:17).
- “I have blessed you with every spiritual blessing that Heaven has to offer” (Eph. 1:3).
Knowing the truth about who God is and who we are in His Son literally rips the hinges off the prison cell door in our minds! (John 8:32).
Don’t waste one more valuable minute believing the lies of your enemy!
Fix your eyes and ears on your Beloved and start renewing your mind today with His beautiful truth.
What lies do you need to say Bye-Bye! to so that you can say Hello, Beautiful! to the stunning truths of your new life in Christ?
(Here is a table of contents for every post in this series.)
- “Why I Think MercyMe’s Newest Album, Lifer, Is Their Best Ever” – Intro
- “Are You a Lifer in Christ?” – a review of track 1, “Lifer“
- “Come out, Come out, Wherever You Are!” – a review of track 2, “You Found Me“
- “Has Grace Got You?” – a review of track 3, “Grace Got You“
- “Have You Heard the Best News Ever?” – a review of track 4, “Best News Ever“
- “Because Life Ain’t Always Pretty” – a review of track 5, “Even If“
- “Bye-Bye Lies!” – a review of track 6, “Hello Beautiful“
- “Don’t Throw in the Towel” – a review of track 7, “We Win“
- “Why Every Christian Should Be Doing the Happy Dance” – a review of track 8, “Happy Dance“
- “Christian, Heaven Is Here & Now!” – a review of track 9, “Heaven’s Here“
- “This Ghost Is Way Friendlier Than Casper!” – a review of track 10, “Ghost“
Until next time,
Live Christ—Live Happy!
P.S. If you love the pure gospel of grace in Jesus Christ, then you will savor my debut Bible study, His Banner Over Me Is Pursuing Love.
This is an intimate, interactive study on the first two chapters of the Song of Songs, dynamically designed to help believers in Christ, both men and women, enjoy wondrous delight in intimacy with Him through understanding their one-and-only, flawless identity in Him.
Learn more by checking out my book page.
Subscribe to my blog and receive a FREE PDF Download of “Who I Am in Christ IS Who I Am!”
Kim K. Francis
P.O. Box 357
Perryton, TX 79070